Competition terms and conditions
WIN A WEEKEND FOR TWO IN MARLBOROUGH PROMOTION BY WAIRAU RIVER WINES PARTNERING WITH FOODSTUFFS.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Wairau River Wines (Promotion) form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
2. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these Terms and Conditions of Entry and the decisions of the Promoter on all matters relating to the Promotion are final and binding.
3. The "Promoter" is Wairau River Wines Limited – 264 Rapaura Road, Rapaura, Marlborough, 7273.
4. The Promotion commences 14 January 2019 at 00.01 (local time in NZ) and concludes on 24 February 2019 at 23:59 (local time in NZ) (Promotion Period).
5. Entry into the Promotion is only open to entrants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
a. who are over the legal drinking age of 18 years. Proof may be required to verify this.
b. who are permanent residents of New Zealand. Proof may be required to verify this.
c. who register their contact details in accordance with condition 7; and
d. who are not employees of the Promoter or the Promoter’s associated agencies or companies directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter) and are not their immediate family members.
HOW TO ENTER
6. An entrant can enter the Promotion in the following ways (‘Entry’)
a. Visit www.wairauriverwines.com/Win (during the Promotion Period) and register the entrant’s full name, age, phone number, email address and unique code.
7. One unique code constitutes one entry into the promotion. Multiply entries will be accepted if they pertain to multiple purchases.
8. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the individual who is the registered holder of the e-mail or mobile phone account. The Promoter will not verify receipt of entries. Automated entries, including without limitation, auto-remailers, are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will result in disqualification.
9. Incomplete entries will be voided ineligible. All entries become the property of Promoter and will not be returned.
10. Entries are limited to individuals only; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible.
11. The Promoter is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information by entrants; lost entries or transmissions; interrupted or unavailable network, server, or other connections; scrambled transmissions or other errors or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human, or electronic, technical malfunctions of the computer hardware, software, or any combination thereof; or problems associated with any virus or any other damage caused to entrants’ systems.
12. There is one prize worth $2500 to be won over the weekend of 16 March – 17th March 2019. The prize includes the flights for two people (from anywhere within New Zealand), pre-arranged accommodation in Blenheim, two VIP tickets to the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival 2019, dinner at a pre-arranged local restaurants and a lunch at the Wairau River cellar door and restaurant. If unavailable over this weekend alternative travel dates can be discussed. For alternative dates to be arranged the prize-winner must give Wairau River Wines 6 weeks notice of their preferred travel and visit dates.
13. The winner will be contacted directly by phone and email.
14. Each winner must meet eligibility as outlined in clause 5.
15. The prize will be drawn at 11.00am on the 27 February 2019 (NZ time) and will be awarded in a form to be determined by the Promoter.
16. The winner of the prize will be selected in random drawing from all eligible entries received. The first valid entry drawn will win the prize, subject to condition 22 below.
17. Winners will be notified by telephone on or after 27 February 2019 by the the Promoter using the contact details provided to the Promoter by the entrant at registration and advise that their entry has been drawn.
18. Should a prize remain unclaimed by a winner or the winner cannot be contacted by 28 February 2019 (NZ time), an unclaimed prize draw will take place at 9:00am on 1 March 2019 (NZ time).
19. No prize is either redeemable for cash or transferable. The prize-winner accepts the prize 'as is' and acknowledges that they must give Wairau River Wines 6 weeks notice of their preferred travel and visit dates if unavailable over the weekend of 16 -17 March 2019. There will be no compensation in the event that prize winner is unable to use all or part of the prize.
20. All valid claims for a prize and entitlements will be met unless they involve fraud or ineligibility. The Promoter reserves the right, and by their entry into the Promotion each entrant consents to the Promoter exercising this right, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and prize claims.
Limitation of Liability
21. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (and its associated agencies and companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents) is not liable to any person for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, including (without limitation) personal injury or property damage, suffered as a result of or arising from any person participating in the competition or in connection with winning (or not winning), using or benefiting from the prize.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate this promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for any claims arising out of or in connection with any suspension, modification or termination.
Personal Information and Privacy
24. Information collected pursuant to the Promotion from entrants will be handled in accordance with all applicable laws in New Zealand, including the Privacy Act. All entrants’ details will only be held for the purposes of this promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purposes of processing and conducting the promotion). By entering the promotion, the entrants consent to the use of their information as described.
25. Entrants may access, and request correction of, their personal information held by the Promoter by contacting +64 3 572 7950.
General Terms & Conditions
26. The Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Conditions of Entry shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision by the Promoter.
27. Any costs associated with entering the competition or associated with the use of the prize are the responsibility of the Entrants.
28. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
29. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings or the use of the prize winnings. It is the responsibility of each entrant to seek independent advice on the possible implications this may have on their own financial situation.
30. Records of all entries become and remain the sole property of the Promoter.
31. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Promotion constitutes a prize-winner's consent to the Promoter’s use of the prize-winner's name, likeness, opinions and address for: (1) any future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, without further payment or consideration or notice; and (2) any disclosure of such information by the Promoter required by law, and it is a condition of entry that in order to claim the prize, prize-winners must agree to execute any necessary consents and releases to effect the foregoing.
32. Any cancellation, suspension or modification to the Promotion will be notified on the Promoter’s website: www.wairauriverwines.com/Win and will be deemed effective when so notified.
33. If all or any part of any term or condition contained in these Terms and Conditions of Entry shall be declared or become unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, such term or provision (or part thereof) shall be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions of Entry to the extent of the unenforceability, invalidity or illegality and the other terms and conditions hereof shall remain in full force and effect as if the offending term or provision (or part thereof) had not been inserted herein.
34. These Terms and Conditions of Entry shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand and each entrant agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.